Sodium hyaluronate (HA) has a good compatibility and could be added to almost any aqueous cosmetics. The characteristics of large molecular wegiht and high viscosity make HA has a relevantly slowly dissolving speed.
Following factors could affect dissolve speed of HA:
- Molucular weight and target solution: Generally, the higher of molecular weight and the higher of concentration, the slower the dissolve speed. Regular suggested concentration is 0.5%-1.0%.
- Hot water: to dissolve HA in hot water (60℃-80℃) is much easier and faster than HA dissolve in cold water.
- Rate of feeding: it takes time for HA to fully dissolve in water. Spreading dispersed completely when feeding will greatly increase dissolve speed. It could avoid lumpy at much cases.
- Type of stirring method: proper stirring in process of adding HA powder to solution could save a lot of dissolve time.
Note when prepareing solution and formulating:
- A pure water or distilled water should be used to dissolve HA to avoid any affect on solution clarity.
- Sodium hyaluronate is a kind of biology polysaccharide. Use it up upon preparing the solution to prevent potential contaminated when using next time. Or proper preservative should be used to avoid microbial contamination.
- Not to mix with cationic surface active agent to avoid occurance of turbid or precipitate.
- Sodium hyaluronate is extremely hygroscopic. Please keep the container tightly closed in dry and low temperature (2℃-10℃)